This lesson went really well. The students caught on really quickly and they loved the chart. I know that they caught on quickly because I used examples for everything I was explaining and they were engaged. I made sure that every student understood what was taught before I moved on. I made sure of that because in math, if you miss one part, you may be lost for everything else. Math is my least favorite subject and I know that if I had a teacher who made sure I understood everything before moving on I wouldn't feel the way I feel about it now. As a result of me making sure all of the students understood, they were able to do well on the independent practice.I asked the students who didn't understand to raise their hands, which is something that I didn't plan on doing. That means that I am really comfortable with the class, with teaching, and also with what I know about what I am teaching.

Since my first lesson, I have been more conscience of the time. My mini lesson was on point, I was able to reiterate everything that I needed to without going over the time. I was very happy about that because the students were able to complete their independent practice and we were able to review it. I have gotten better about allowing every student who raises their hand speak and my cooperating teacher told me that was something she liked.

One thing that I would do over if I could is using manipulatives. I know how helpful they can be, especially for students who have a hard time with math, but I didn't include them in this lesson. I completely forgot all about them until Dr. Diaz, my supervisor, told me that I should have used them. I have to definitely keep them in mind in the future because they are very helpful.

After the lesson, some students told me that they really liked it. One student even told me that that was the best lesson ever. I love hearing that and that lets me know that I have improved from last semester and I will continue to do so. Now when the students have multiplication problems they know how to solve them better than before. I let the teacher keep the multiplication chart that I made so now when the students need to, they can refer back to it.