Welcome to  my E-Portfolio, my name is Monique Neysmith. I currently live and was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. I grew up around poverty and children who weren't able to receive a proper education, which has a lifelong effect. Because of that, I made the decision to become a childhood special education teacher. I want to be responsible for giving children an educational experience that will motivate them to continue on the right path and look forward to learning. I want to be one of the first teachers a child has so they can start their journey on a good note. In order to do this, one has to be dedicated and passionate about helping others succeed and love what they do. I believe I possess these qualities. 

Medgar Evers was my first choice when I was applying for colleges. I wanted to attend a college in my community and I also liked the diversity at this college. I have learned a lot just from being surrounded by people of different ethnicities and cultures. The education I am acquiring at Medgar Evers College is preparing me for the future I look forward to, which is helping children start their educational process.