The educational department standard 5 defines Professionalism as candidates who are able to: adopt a reflective practitioner stance toward teaching, learning, and collaboration with parents, colleagues and students that embraces inquiry, reciprocity and critique.

My evidence for this standard came from my Education 502: Classroom Observation course. This course is a prerequisite for my Education 152 class taught by Dr. Samerson. During this field experience I had the opportunity to sit in on different classes and observer not only the environment, but different methods of teaching. Each and every teacher I came across had their own way of providing their students with information. Some used visual and audio, while others took a more traditional route and used books and worksheets. One thing that I did noticed all the teacher do, was to encourage the rest of the class to either participate or applauded the student who is participating. I believe this is a greate technique, and a good rewards system. It encourages each student to participate and be part of the lesson. As I observed each class I took notes of what are good characteristic for a teacher to have. Everything I observed will help me in the future when I have to develop lesson plans and come up with new methods in teaching my class. Being a versatile is a characteristic all teachers should have.

The purpose of this field experience was to observe classes with children with disabilities. Many of the classes I went to didn't have children with special needs and the ones that did were inclusive classrooms. I learned that it isn't good for a teacher to speak of disabilities out loud in front of their students. It allows for those students who do have special needs to feel and welcomed in a classroom environment. This discourages any type of teasing or bullying. It is important to be professional in this environment because sometime it will be difficult for a teacher to have to explain to her class "what is wrong" with a certain student. It also requires a lot of patients and commitment to deal with these sorts of situations. I learned that it is important to make your students feel comfortable and that every situation is handled differently. In the end I was exposed to different techniques and method of teaching that I can possibly use while teaching my own class.