"For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation. I hold this to be the highest task for a bond between two people: that each protects the solitude of the other. This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love: the more they give, the more they possess"

- Rainer Maria Rilke

"When you confuse personal love and cosmic heroism you are bound to fail in both spheres. The impossibility of the heroism undermines the love, even if it is real. This double failure is what produces the sense of utter despair that we see in modern man... Love, then, is seen a religious problem"

-Ernest Becker

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet"

-Plato

"They do not love that do not show their love. The course of true love never did run smooth. Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love"

-William Shakespeare

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart"

-Helen Keller

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

-Mother Teresa

"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it"

-John Lennon

"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts"

-Charles Dickens

"Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other"

-Carl Jung

"To get the full value of joy, You must have someone to divide it with"

"Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century"

-Mark Twain 

"Immature love says I love you because I need you, mature love says I need you because I love you"

-Mohatma Gandhi