Technology is everywhere and it is improving every day. As an Education major at Medgar Evers College, I am required to take a number of courses. One of the courses mandatory courses is Computers in Education EDUC 350. This course is designed to help teacher Candidates bridge technology and the classroom. In order to fulfill the requirements of this course, I was required to complete a number of assignments. They were all designed to help teachers enhance their jobs by using technology.

One of these assignments was to investigate different types of assistive and adaptive technology. Because I am majoring in Special Education, I decided to research assitive and adaptive technology for students who fall under the autism spectrum umbrella. Before I could begin the assignment, I needed to know what was assistive and adaptive technology and what types were offered for these individuals with exceptional needs.

I searched the web for the meaning of assistive and adaptive technology and how they help individuals within the autism spectrum umbrella. Because I had some prior knowledge of the different categories which fall under the autism spectrum umbrella, I felt the need to include that information in my presentation.

This assignment included two parts; a power point presentation and a paper. In order to complete this assignment, I gather the pertinent information needed and proceeded to make a rough draft of what I wanted to include. I proof read the paper and made the necessary corrections. I typed the paper and re read it. For the power point section of the presentation, I searched the web again and found images of the assistive and adaptive technology include in the paper. I designed the power point presentation and added the images.

I presented the power point and explained the different types of assistive and adaptive technology and why it could benefit an individual who fell under the autism spectrum umbrella. My professor, collected the paper portion and I received an exemplary grade for this assignment. This assignment broadened my horizons of the many different types of technology and how they are so beneficial. Because technology has come a long way, there is hope for many individuals with exceptional needs.