Analytical Ability

In the fall 2009 semester I had taken History 200 with professor Richard Green, a professor in the history Department. One of the assignments that was required in this course was to do a research project on serious problems that are occurring in our society today. I had chosen to do my report on frisk and search. This paper connects to Analytical Ability which is define as candidates effectively and comprehensively deconstruct texts to uncover hidden meanings, to make connections, to draw inferences and to develop multiple perspectivwes towards various ideas and issues. To be more specific candidates Construct and articulate new ways of looking at and responding to accepted ideas and paradigm.

Professor Green had let us choice any topic of our choices as long as had clear it with him first. I had chosen to do it on frisk on search. I had to pick three case studies from eoth the 1800s -1900s until present. The cases I had pick were very interesting. Over the course of doing this assignment I learned new things which I never heard of before. I even seen words that I had never seen prior to doing this assignment. Professor Green loved the cases I chose and how I broke down everything. When I was explaining the case I mean sure that I put as much details in my report as possible like when did the cases took place, who was involved, and the solution to solving the problem if possible.

The reason why I had chosen to do my report on frisk and search is because I was actually have a history with this topic. Two years ago in November of 2008 I was a victim of a frisk and search. I was very upset about the fact that the police searched me for absolutely no reason and the way which they did it was wrong. I decided to take action by making a complain with the CCRB which is short for Civilian Complaint Review Board. Disciplinary action was taken and the officers were taken care of severely.

At the end of the day I am very happy that I decided to do my paper on frisk and search. By me doing this I was able to find out additional information about other people who was in the same situation as me. Plus I was able to find out how they dealt with being wrongly searched. Finally I saw how the cases were handed in court.