Week # 5 Blog

I think that it is a wonderful idea to have new technology in the classroom considering that the world is becoming more and more advance with computers. Our children are using computers very often these days to play videogames or to go on Face book and MySpace. Instead of having children on sites like that we as educators have to find ways to incorporate exciting learning activies into our lesson plans and teach it in the classrooms. By us doing that students would take learning to a different level. For example we could teach the students a lesson on how to write stories and do math problems online. In additional we could assign history projects on the internet too, the way this world heading. Children do like electronics and today many schools within the New York City as well as some other places around the world are getting smartboads. Most children are not really fascinated about waking up and going to school each morning, but having the technology boards in schools could change everything. I believe that students attitudes towards learning would dramatically change because teachers are no longer using the chalkboards that much. By the time student candidates like me are ready to go into the classroom everything will be somewhat computerized. However when it is time for my own son or daughter to go to school the chalk boards would probably all be phased out and the smart boards would be up and running fully. For an elementary level there are students such as PBS and other child friendly websites that educators could add into their lesson plans. We should also get students play more educated games which cold certainly benefit them.