What is Simulation?

According to what I had read in the textbook, simulation is the process of integrating a real situation or thing and turning it into a real life equation. To my I think that is good, especially for the students because as they get older and eventually become adults there are some things that they might read in their studies that they will most likely face. For example if they come across a mathematical problem such as trying to figure out how much something cost and the teacher makes them play an educational game in the room and sees these types of problem, they would have experience trying to solve the problems. In addition, students could observe other people solve equations in their own way due to the fact that people do everything different. I found that using a gaming approach is very helpful because as I was growing up certain math equations that I was not able to do in real life I understood on the video game in school. If it work for me, then there is no reason why another student cannot understand it in that approach.