My Volunteer Work

I have been doing volunteer work at my former Junior High School for the last six years. The school that I am at is I.S. also known as Andries Hudde Junior High School. I had always loved that school from since I was a student there. I have been with the school since September of 2001. If you include the three years that I was a student there plus my volunteer position, altogether I been there for almost eight years. At the school my main title is the school assistance. My main job at the school is to make sure that those who have important jobs such as the principal, Assistant principal, deans, secretaries, as well as some of the other offices in the school is done get their paper work and other important things done in a timely matter. As of right know I am mostly working with the deans because that is where they need the most help from at right now. So I have to make sure that all of the students are doing what they are suppose to be doing such as going to class on time, making sure the everyone is in their uniform, giving out awards for good behavior etc. In Addition I also work alongside with the senior coordinator plan events for the eighth graders such as the prom, the senior trip, giving out caps and gowns, etc. I like volunteer my time to a school that I use to go to because I love the children and I want to make sure that they are on the right path to success instead on the path to destruction. Plus this will help me to become a successful educator and to get familiar with the school system. My main goal like I had mentioned over and over is to become a principal and by having all of these duties this will help in many ways. So far everyone likes what I am doing at the school and the students like me too.