Reflection

The We Are New York (WANY) experience was one of the most fulfilling experiences to date for me as an aspiring teacher.   Our group, which consisted of two group members and me, selected from the list of schools P.S. 244Q because it was convenient for our demanding schedules.  None of us new what to expect, since we had never done this before and it was a new program that Dr. Diaz was implementing. However, we were excited to complete our presentation but we were also very scared at the same time. On arrival at the school we were greeted warmly by the parent coordinator Lolita Kovvuri. She made sure that we had everything that we needed. The WANY team was also very inviting, and I am thankful for the opportunity that they gave us to communicate to the parents. Every one was so warm and friendly. The parents accepted us and listened very attentively. They were shaking their heads in agreement when we were speaking and the also asked questions.  At the end of the presentation we were asked to join in the pot lock that was prepared by the parents. The WANY team is doing such an amazing job helping in helping to make a difference in these parents lives, we had an amazing time and would love to do it again.