Reflection Base on Professionalism

This evidence meets the standard of Professionalism.  Professionalism states that candidates adopt a reflective practitioner stance toward teaching, learning and collaboration with parents, colleagues and students that embraces inquiry, reciprocity and critique.  I gain knowledge of professionalism in Dr. Saran Education 350 class while creating a web quest.  In Dr. Saran’s I was given the task of creating a web quest to teach Math to 2nd graders.   As an aspiring teacher I realized the importance of creating a web quest which has helped me to adopt a reflective practitioner stance towards teaching, learning and collaborating.

The web quest was use to teach students about a particular lesson, mines being the deforestation of the rain forest.  I use this topic to show the students how to make graphs and also about data collection.  The students learned that there are many different subject areas that can be thought just by using the rain forest.  The students also collaborated together by sharing different ideas to help one another.  In class I also collaborated with other students for help in making the web quest, we would often share ideas of how to enhance our work to make it more interesting and fun.

Making this web quest has thought me a lot. As an aspiring teacher it help when I am able to collaborate with parents, colleagues and students to embrace inquiry, reciprocity and critique. When this is done, I am building a more meaningful learning experience.  I have learned so much from making this web quest that will impact my future as an educator. I think that students would benefit from what I thought because I was able to put into practice the ideas and knowledge that were given to me, to better understand the different strategies of teaching that work in a classroom, thus making their learning experience one that they would remember for years to come.