Reflection: Working On A Web Quest 

A web quest is an inquiry-based activity that students complete on-line.  During this activity students can work alone or in groups. When students work in groups, assignments are divided among each other, so that everyone can participates in the given group assignment. Whether students work alone or in groups the web quest should cater to specific needs. Some of those needs are that the web quest should be tailored for the appropriate age or grade.  It should be easy to follow, where the student is able to focus on the material rather than spend time looking for it. It should be informative, colorful and the web quest should provide links necessary to complete the quest.

My experience creating this web quest was a very exciting one. At first I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know where to start, but after looking at the different examples of web quest posted on black board and also visiting the Caton school on my first field experience I began to get a clear picture of the task at hand.  I was really eager to create the web quest since knowing I would be teaching students on a topic that is fun, exciting and at the same time they will be learning necessary skills thus boosting their intellect.

On the day I went to the Caton School to teach the web quest I met a few challenges. I had to wait until Mrs. Derenzo the computer teacher was available since the internet in the assigned classroom was not working.  I also had to wait until the students were available to begin and the internet was very slow and needed an upgrade.  However the environment was very inviting, Mrs. Derenzo was very pleasant and tried her best to accommodate me without any fuss.   Over all I was very contented being there and I was competent in teaching my web quest to the students.  Working on this web quest has thought me how to be creative, I was able to conceptualize, design, and develop imaginative and innovative work.