WARNING: This ePortfolio is currently being used as a template. Published changes or deletions will affect new ePortfolios created from this template.

During the one week that I was in Puerto Rico, I had a great time. I got to see places, eat good restaurant and most important learn about the culture. Having the absolute pleasure of living with my peers who are around the same age as me and learning how to take responsibility for making sure that certain duties around the house were taking care of was a learning experience. The reason why I felt this way is because we all were learning how to be independent adults. Each one of else made sure that the cooking was done, the house was clean, swept and certain errands completed. The house experience was like being on College Hill and Jersey Shore. Yes, there were hardships like having a one bathroom and people had problems in the morning. Seven people in one house and one bathroom could lead to a lot of tensions, especially if people are taking long in the shower. I am an early bird and I was always the first person to wake up. So I never had an issue there. However, the nights were the best. We all bonded together by playing games, watching movies, blasting loud music, etc. However going around town and seeing all of the different parts of Puerto Rico were interesting and I would like to go back to PR and see these places again and maybe places that I never saw the first time around.

The Things That I Enjoyed the Most

• The University of Puerto Rico
  • San Juan
  • Zip Lining
  • Spending time with my peers
  • EL YUE
  • Castillo EL Morro Historic Site
  • The Food

The Things I learned during this Trip

• I learned how to live on my own.
  • How to take responsibility and work with the people with whom I am sharing a house or apartment with. Plus being patient.
  • I observed how people live their lives different from those who live in New York City.
  • The difference between the education system in PR and New York.
  • I seen where the Spanish troops discovered land and prevented the enemies from entering Puerto Rico.